This particular meme comes from Alternative-Read.com, by Sassy Brit. The following guidelines are given:
Here's what you do:So, I'm currently homeless...in a way. I've moved out of my rental home and am in the process of buying a home or townhome. My official desk is in a storage unit (hopefully all safe and sound), and I'm spending my summer at my mom's house in Hawaii. Because I'm kind of a vagabond, and totally okay with it in this environment, I don't have a "desk," but do have a pretty extensive pile of books going. So, here's my vacation desk:
That's it. However, for those without digital cameras or blogs of your own, you can do this instead: (or both if you are keen!)
- Grab a camera and take a photo of your desk! Or anywhere you stack your books/TBR pile. And no tidying!
- Add this photo to your blog.
- Tag at least 5 people!
- Come back here and leave a link back to your photo in the comments section.
Feel free to grab the above picture to place on your blog - as a way of showing you are participating, and of course to spread the word! Have fun!
- List at least 5 BOOKISH things on your desk (I'm thinking your TBR pile or books you haven't shelved...)
- List at least 5 NON BOOK things. (I'm thinking some of some of the more unusual items on your desk/table?)
- Tag at least 5 people to do the same.
- Come back and leave your link, so we can come and visit your blog. Or add your answers in the comments.
1. My 5 Bookish Things are ALL books!
2. My Nonbookish Things don't exist right now...how about a floor as a desk? :) Usually, however, I have these cute beeswax turtle candles that my Aunt Carleen bought for me, that I leave sitting by the monitor of my desktop computer. I also (unfortunately) keep my expense receipts on my printer at home, but here I've started putting them on my mom's table. Poor mom!
3. My Tagged 5 People are:
- msmazzola over at State of Denmark. She's an English teacher, like me, and so I'm dying to know what she has on her desk.
- Trish, over at Trish's Reading Nook. I love her thoughtful posts, and would love to see what's on her desk.
- Desert Rose, over at DeSeRt RoSe BoOkLoGuE. She has this great quote about books being stacked to the ceiling, so you know I want to see that desk (even if it's just a quote). :)
- My friend & book blogging buddy Tasha, over at Heidenkind's Hideaway. This is easy. I have had fun getting to know her better, so I wanted to see what's on her desk!
- The last is Meghan at Medieval Bookworm. She's currently working on her MA, and the side of me that wishes I would bite the bullet and go back for my doctorate, would love to see what's on her desk!