I finally crashed last night about 3 am after finishing one last graphic novel and trying to read a bit more from goodness knows what else. I just know I fell asleep my iPad next to me and the television on. That's the sign that I needed to just call it a night!
Today I'm feeling a bit haggard, which I wasn't expecting. I've been taking it easy and just doing some light reading and even took a little cat nap. Very strenuous day, eh?
Well, here's my readathon wrap up!
- Which hour was most daunting for you? 3 am, when I finally threw in the towel!
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Eleanor and Park. I didn't get it finished, but I really enjoyed what I started and can't wait to finish it this week. I've learned that the key it diving into a book that makes you forget about the pages your turning and the time that's passing.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Not really. I just really enjoy being involved and appreciate all the time and effort that everyone puts in to putting it together for us. THANK YOU so much!
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The hourly posts and all of the constant communication. It was easy to see where we were at and how everyone was doing, which was nice.
- How many books did you read? 3, but they were pretty short. I read a book of poetry, 2 graphic novels, and several hundred pages in a couple young adult novels.
- What were the names of the books you read? Poems from Homeroom, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children Graphic Novel, and The Uglies Graphic Novel.
- Which book did you enjoy most? The book of poetry was a nice diversion and had some great stories.
- Which did you enjoy least? None of them. I liked them all.
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? No. They were great!
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Well, I need to see how things are going in the fall and how busy I am. I'd love to try to host a challenge, if things are going well. Sometimes it's all I can do though to just participate.