Saturday, October 23, 2010

Quick Follow Up

I mentioned briefly that I was going to be out for surgery.  Thankfully, it all went really well yesterday and I'm home and feeling pretty good.  The entire thing was a bit of a whirlwind, as they found that I had a large mass that we only discovered after I struggled with laryngitis and sore throats for about five weeks.  I have to admit, that as a teacher, thinking about not having a strong voice is a little scary.  I've always been able to yell out over a large classroom of noisy students to get their attention, but have had to resort to whistling to get their attention at the beginning of class, and to writing a lot of things on the board.  Not fun.

Anyway, all is well.  I realize I'm going to really fit in with the Halloween theme this year, as my scar makes me look and feel a bit like Frankenstein!  Maybe I can pull off some "bride of" theme?  What do you think?

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that the surgery went well. I hope you'll have a quick, full recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad things went okay. I wish I lived closer---I'd bring you a good book (like you need any more) and some yummy food! Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, how scary! I'm glad every thing went well and hope the scar isn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such good news! I figure a scar is a small price to pay for being healthy again and with less worry.

    I hope you heal quickly. [hugs]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad everything went well. At least you were able to find the mass, right? Try putting Vitamin E lotion on your scar-that should reduce it..it's in the vitamin area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for posting the update. I am glad that all went ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. allison--Thanks. :) I hope I can hurry and get my voice back soon!

    A Roper--Thanks. No worries. Mom has been here cooking more than enough. In fact, who would think I'd maybe need a diet after being out sick?!? :) It would be fun to see you though!

    Heidenkind--Yes, a little scary, especially since I need my voice more than I ever really knew! Hopefully it will come back. *sigh* At least I can still read, right?

    J.C. Thanks. That's a great way of thinking about it, and I need to remind myself that it's a small thing in the grand scope of things!

    A Buckeye Girl--Too true. Who knew it could be such a pain for this long. Once I get these steri-strips off, I'll have to see if I can put something on the scar.

    Molly--Thanks. We do what we can to keep teaching, don't we? :)

    Thanks guys! All of your well wishes are so appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Becky--how scary! I'm glad the surgey went well and you're feeling a little better. Hopefully you'll be yelling at those students again soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trish--Thanks for your kind words. I still can't "yell" per se, but I see the doctor tomorrow and hope he can help me get one step closer to my old holler back again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Becky, I am so sorry that I am replying to this one so late, but wanted to pop in just the same to say that I am glad to hear that your surgery went well! I hope you have your holler back now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tif--No worries! That's so sweet of you to stop in at all. :) Thanks for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete