Saturday, October 9, 2010

24 Hour Readathon: Post Freak Out Reading Update

Well, I am back to close down shop in a sense.  I probably will be too out of it later to stop back to post.  My reading stats aren't stellar, but I tried, given my circumstances today. 

Number of books read since you started:  2 (but they were manga) & a bunch of pages in a bunch of other books.
Running total of pages read since you started:  400+??? 
Running total of time spent reading since you started: 4 1/2--I'm not judging it though.
Mini-challenges completed:  1 that I couldn't post because it expired, thanks to supposed carbon monoxide that was going to kill me.  :)
Other participants you’ve visited:  10+???  I bounced around a little.


I won't lie.  I feel pretty deflated about  my participation this time around.  Yes, I struggled to get going earlier, but was really thrown off track by the whole fire department bit.  It's a funny story though.  My apologies to everyone and a big thank you to so many great people who have been cheering for me and everyone else!  Also, the organizers have been fantastic, as always.  Thanks for giving us this chance! 


Well, I'm off to read until my eyes shut for the night.  I think a little Harry Potter just might help ease my sadness at the fail that was my readathon this time around! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, don't think of it as a fail. You still got a lot read! Hope you get some good sleep at least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not a fail - it clearly wasn't your fault and you got some read anyway! I hope you have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A firedepartment thing? Um, I hope everything is okay! And never say you feel it is a fail, you've managed to read a lot even if you did not participate as much as you would've liked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trish--Thanks for the vote of confidence! :)

    Meghan--Yes, I actually got more reading done that following day!

    Irisonbooks--Yes, all was well, even if a bit annoying.

    ReplyDelete