Saturday, April 16, 2011

Sunday Blatherings--A Day Early


This week I've been off for Spring Break, and since I'm in Idaho for a quick visit to see my mom, I'll be traveling on Sunday and thought I'd post my Sunday chatter a day early!  I wish I could say I've been running around, having a good time this week, but I haven't.  Why?  It seems to me that being an adult means doing a lot of little things to prevent big things, right?  We change the oil in our car so it will run properly and so we can catch major problems before they get to that point.  We file bills and receipts so we can easily (ha, ha) file our taxes each year.  You get the idea.

This week I had doctor appointments galore, glasses to go order, prescription med forms to deliver, bills to file, bills to pay, rooms to clean, and so forth.  If this was a vacation, I don't know how many of them I'll be taking!  Thankfully, I was able to finish a lot of books that I'd been reading and rotating, and have about finished my ninth book for the week.  Now I'm off to grade the 52 essays that I procrastinated/didn't make time for earlier!  Thankfully I have a lovely drive home tomorrow where I'll get to listen to a couple of audio books.

I hope you've had a good week and are seeing the first signs of spring!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Yup, sometimes being an adult stinks. ;)

    Hope you enjoy the ride home at least. Just a few more weeks until summer time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least your week was different than your routine life. Summer is coming.

    ReplyDelete