Sunday, April 10, 2011

Read-a-Thon Hour Twenty-One

Yes, I'm still awake.  Actually, the little nap I  had earlier is fueling me.  Well, that and a nice Diet Dr. Pepper that felt strangely like a luxury this time of night, since I would usually avoid it at bedtime.  I will admit to sporting a bit of a low-grade headache though, so maybe I should lay off? 

I finally found a strategy that worked for me to get back into the reading groove; I've been finishing books that I was part way through.  This "cleaning up" feels great, and I feel like I'm getting more reading done that way.  Well, here are my stats:

Number of books read since you started: 4  Two novels I wrapped up that I was almost finished with, a graphic novel, and a shorter novella.
Running total of pages read since you started:  About 650 
Running total of time spent reading since you started: About 9 1/2 or 10?  I actually lost track because of a couple of starts and stops. 
Mini-challenges completed: Yikes!  About four now?  I just finished Movie Madness and Character Crush over and JD Montague's blog
Other participants you’ve visited:  Admittedly, I've lost count.  I'm sure I've visited somewhere around 75 today.  That gave me the encouragement to keep going when I saw what others were up to!

I'm not sure how much longer I'll last, but I thought I'd better update before sleep took me away from the finish line!  If I'm still up, I'll post at the end, so wish me luck.  Right now I feel fine, but I've never been good with that 3-4 am hour.  Off to read a bit more!

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow you're still awake! I'm so impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You did great! I'm glad mine was one of those 75 or so blogs that you visited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hour 21--that's awesome. Much further than I got :)
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete