Saturday, April 9, 2011
Read-a-Thon Hour Fourteen
1. What are you reading right now? I was just reading A Crowded Marriage, but it was kind of slow, so I'm going to read a graphic novel to speed things back up again.
2. How many books have you read so far? 3
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Not sure, since I'm kind of winging it, although I am kind of eager to dive into Meg Cabot's soon to be released Abandon.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Nope. We're on Spring Break from work, and the weather here seemed to cooperate and be nasty, so I was eager to stay indoors!
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? My friend called from Kenya, but I eagerly took her call since it's been really difficult for her to catch me...believe it or not. I also had to deal with the naughty cat! He has been a complete disaster today, clawing at the curtains, howling for attention, and glaring (yes, glaring) at me if I accidentally wake him. Who own whom here?!?
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How such mundane things can whittle away so much time!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope. It's always great!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Not sure...
9. Are you getting tired yet? YES. Reading is a relaxing activity, so it's no wonder I find myself winding down from time to time.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Learn from my own mistake and switch your book if it's boring you to tears!!!
Well, I'm off to read. I really want to give it a good try to make it through the last ten hours, so wish me luck!