Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Harry Potter Twist on Pride and Prejudice

This is probably the last semester I'll be teaching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.  Who knew it would be so much work and be so complex!  Honestly, it's been a blast reading and discussing it at school; when else will I have a student ask me who can apparate within school grounds or why the Dark Lord chose Harry?  Let's be real here.  I'm more likely to be discussing symbolism and literary devices than horcruxes and magic!

In searching out some additional materials and clips to share with my students, I ran into this hilarious fan video, "Pride and Prejudice--Harry Potter Style."  Seeing that I love them both, I couldn't resist sharing.


3 comments:

  1. LOL! But why did they make Harry Mr. Collins?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome.

    You teach a class on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows? I SO want to take it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidenkind--I know! I thought it was kind of funny to make Harry Mr. Collins, at least in her eyes. :)

    Donna--Well, I get to teach it in my Pop Fiction class. It's been a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete