Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Finishing a School Year & Fan-Girling

Today I have to give a huge shout out and thank you to author Brodi Ashton for coming to our high school to speak to some students about publishing and her great new book, Everneath.  She did an amazing job and the students loved it.  These were a great group of students who had read 20 or more books this last semester (four months).  We had a really good turn out, lots of success with the reading challenge, and Brodi was a great reward!  If I can get my hands on some of the pictures from the event today, I'll be sure to share.

Now to the finish line!  It's the end of the school year and I'm trying to muscle through that last stack of projects and late, later, and mega-later work that keeps trickling in.  Every year I feel like I have to kick in the turbo boosters to fuel through these last few days.  This year is no different.  It's all good though.

And on one final note.  My fan-girl moment came to an end tonight on Dancing With the Stars and the finale.  Yep.  I'll own it.  I don't even watch the show that often, but I did this season thanks to hottie William Levy.  I'll always have his Argentine Tango...

1 comment:

  1. How cool! I would have loved it if an author came to speak at our high school.

    ReplyDelete