Friday, June 11, 2010

Bloggiesta: Yes, I'm Starting Late

I'm off to a bit of a late start, but am ready to start diving into some of my goals this year for the 3rd Edition of the Bloggiesta, as hosted by Natasha at Maw Books Blog.


As mentioned several posts ago, I recently started some updates on my blogs, so I've already been having my own mini-challenge here at One Literature Nut. However, this challenge gives me the chance to link up with other book bloggers to get feedback on things I'm shifting around. I'm not great with "code" and other such lingo, so it's nice to have other bloggers walk me through some tricks and tips!

Here is what I have planned for this challenge:
  • Last year I spent 10 hours. I think that I'd like to at least match that or work up to 12 hours?
  • I'd like to catch up on my Google Reader. Although I have lots to do here, I often feel like this time of year is my only real time to reach out and visit and comment on other bloggers' sites. I'd really like to see what's going on with all of you, my blogging friends! Sounds silly, but so necessary to the health of my own blog.
  • Write four book reviews.
  • Finish working on the new pages I've created.
  • Write up a better Review Policy.
  • Fix the "About Me" page with better information that is professional, yet friendly. :)
  • Figure out how to fix a few problems this new page has, such as everything being centered automatically.
  • Create blog rolls. I have SO many blogs that I follow on my Google Reader, but only reflect about 10% of them on my actual blog. I'd like to include a scrolling blog roll for others to look at if they would like. ***Does anyone know if there is a good way of listing all your blogs that you visit?***
  • Work on tags so I don't have duplicates.
Well, I have lots of work to do, so I'm off. Tonight, I'm going to be sending out a couple of blog-related emails, and then working on those new pages I created. We'll see what I get accomplished!

Thanks for everyone, ahead of time, for the push to be better! I'll check back later with an update.

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with your list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, I hope you make it through! And good luck hitting your 12 hours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cat and Allison, thanks for your wishes. I need them to get me going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your goals! I haven't been keeping track of the time I've spent on Bloggiesta - oops.

    I don't keep a blog roll - I find it too difficult! I rely on my old Google Reader widget to show off blogs for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you can make a folder and share it and then google reader will give you some code to post on your blog for it. what i do is have a tag so that my link love page which is basically a blog roll shows only my favorite articles - sort of gives my readers a clue what they might find on that blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for participating in the Bloggiesta Becky!

    In Google Reader you can share the folders that you made and then get code which you can put in your sidebar for your blog roll. I have two blogrolls. One are articles that I've shared (which reflect what I might find interesting), the others is Utah Book Bloggers. I have it set up to show only five posts at a time, but you could do all if you wanted. There are a lot of different ways to set it up. I don't know if that's what you're looking for but it is auto. Let me know on Twitter if you have any questions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meghan--Blog rolls are hard to keep up with in general!

    Carrie and Natasha--I had a really hard time figuring out that widget and finally put it on its own page.

    Mystee--Thanks! I'm glad you stopped by. :)

    ReplyDelete