Saturday, April 27, 2013

Dewey's Read-a-Thon: Off to Prom!

I know it's a little odd to have someone say they're headed to the prom, but that's what I've got to gear up for now!  I'm helping out as a chaperone, with a group of other ladies I work with at school.  It's actually really fun, so I'm looking forward to it.  That does mean, however, that I have to take a time out from the readathon.  Here are my stats...

Books Read:  1 Graphic Novel, and rotated 30-40 pages through 3 other books
Hours Spent:  5 hours
Unintentional Naps:  One teeny 30 minute nap that side-swiped me.
Snacks:  Strawberries all gone!  Yes, that was healthy, but the two Diet Dr. Peppers, not so much.  :)
Challenges:  None yet, but I'd like to when I get back.  I really wanted to do a chunk of reading before I left.

All right.  I'm off to get ready!  Hopefully I'll be back for part of the final stretch.  Good luck to everyone!

5 comments:

  1. There's nothing wrong with diet dr. peppers! They're diet! LOL…I think you may be making readathon history :p The first participant to ever go to prom mid event! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at the prom! And I hope you have enough steam left for some more read-a-thoning when you get back. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Graphic Novels turn my brain to mush all the time which is why I love them so much, especially when ol' noggin needs some TLC. HEHE.

    You're doing great, have fun with anything else and don't be afraid to take breaks.

    Stay strong; eyes open!

    - Cheerleader Nova

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strawberries are a yummy snack, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always impressed with those readers who can read more then one book at a time during the read-a-thon!!

    ReplyDelete