Sunday, April 28, 2013

Dewey's Read-a-Thon: Hour 21--Dying on the Vine

I just got back from chaperoning the prom and am feeling like I want to take a stab at an hour or two of reading.  I might just end up with the lights on and a book on my face, fast asleep, but I'm going to try for a bit. 

I have to say that the prom was fun!  I'm kicking myself that I didn't climb the steps in the capitol building to take a picture of the crowd.  It was pretty impressive.  We had over 900 kids attend, and it was a mad house of sequins, tuxedos, and sweat.  After standing all evening on marble floors, my poor feet probably hurt worse than the ladies with the six inch heels I saw tonight.  It was fun though, and I loved seeing so many of my students there.  I'm hoping they can focus better now that prom and midterms are behind them!  We have five weeks of school left and a big AP test looming in less than two weeks.  Crazy!

Anyway, I'll get back to reading for a bit.  I can't say how long I'll last, but I'll give it a try...

Thanks for all the great cheers from our cheerleaders, and also the fun comments from my fellow book blogging friends.  Thanks guys!  You really are keeping me in it.

2 comments:

  1. 900 kids - that is huge! Hope you got some reading in before the night closed and had a good readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you dress up for the prom? I hope so. :)

    ReplyDelete