Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sunday Blatherings: End of a Break

Pretty blooming tree that tells me it's really spring!
Back to the madness this next week.  I suppose that this weekend snapped me back into normal routines again with a wedding reception yesterday and a dinner party earlier today. All I know is that this was one badly needed week of rest!  I feel like I need to send out a recurring apology to my blog readers and friends for endlessly whining about work, as it seems that I take to the blog to air my feelings too often than not.  Regardless, things are good here and I'm feeling refreshed.  I might not be 100% ready to go back to the madness that awaits, but it sure was nice to let the craziness sit for a little while.

This week I did manage to get a lot taken care of, which always feels good.  Along with the necessary came the completely unnecessary (on hindsight).  I spent so  much money this week that I might as well have headed to Cancun or some other fabulous destination with what I spent!  Honestly, between getting the car fixed, meds, clothes, shoes, and groceries for random recipes I wanted to try out, I spent way too much money this past week.  On the bright side, the car is fixed, the closet is refilled, and the bath products have been stocked for the next decade (You think I joke--I'll have to take a picture of the insane number of Bath & Body Works products I purchased on a whim.  Hey, they were buy 600 and get 600 free, right?!?  I need help.)  Is excessive spending a result of being so tight with my money?  Oh well.  I'll still have most of my debt taken care of soon.  Then, off to increase the retirement fund!

Well, that's all I'm mulling over this evening.  I have a glorious stack of books that I'm still working through, so hopefully I can post some more reviews soon.  For now, I'm off to grade some reading quizzes for school tomorrow.  Oh, the joys of procrastination!

How was your weekend?

4 comments:

  1. I had a good week off, too. I wrote about 50 pages, dusted, and roasted a chicken. I think that's the only thing I accomplished. ;) Oh well, after 6 weeks with no time off, it's good to have downtime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to down time! Did you start a new class then?

      Delete
  2. Sometimes you just need to spend the money :P And lets face it…it feels good to do that sometimes! And don't dare apologize to us!!! Vent away my dear!! Hope this week is a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks. :) Sometimes I think that I use the blog as a venting ground. Although, I have to say that my book friends are awfully great listeners! ;)

      Delete