Thursday, July 2, 2009

Rejuvenate & Renew Challenge Update: 6/29 to 7/5


I can't say that I've made marked progress in the Rejuvenate & Renew Challenge that I can record, but can say that I'm part way through reading Elie Krieger's Small Changes, Big Results (as I've mentioned before), and have been using her cookbook like crazy. It's a great cookbook, and have loved every recipe we've tried thus far.

If you're participating in this challenge, how are you doing? Post a reply and let me know, or leave us a link to your post!

On another note, I was awarded a couple of awards this month and wanted to say THANK YOU so much! It means a lot to me to be recognized by fellow bloggers, as we have such a great community.

The first was The Lemonade Award, which Andrea, a great librarian over at The Little Bookworm gave to me.

I also received the Humane Award, by Cathy over at One Eyed Stuffed Bunny and..., who has the cutest blog. I actually hadn't seen this award before, so here are the details:
The Humane Award is in order to honor certain bloggers that I feel are kindhearted individuals. They regularly take part in my blog and always leave the sweetest comments. If it wasn’t for them, my site would just be an ordinary book review blog. Their blogs are also amazing and are tastefully done on a daily basis. I thank them and look forward to our growing friendships through the blog world.
Thank you so much to both of you for this great award! I've been so inundated by my new teaching schedule (I teach for a great online school, along with my full-time teaching), that I've had little time to join my favorite community. To top it off, I have joined many other bloggers and fallen victim to the heinous migraines over the past two days. Honestly, we need to post a poll to find out just how many of us have this issue! Maybe it's a reading thing??? I sure hope not!

Anyway, thank you to the two of you for nominating me. I hardly know who to pass these along to, so I'd like to offer them to all my great blogging friends. Thank you for all you do!

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes I wonder if the headaches are due to eye strain, between the reading and the computer time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!

    My husband suffers with migraines year round - he gets them with auras and has vision disturbances - very scary. Drs have found nothing.

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award!

    I rarely get migraines, but when I do they make me pretty sick. I have to lie down in a dark room with a cold compress....and hopefully not smell anything (it doesn't matter what it is) if it was cookies baking it would still make me sick. :(

    I hope that you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the awards!

    I haven't really done any reading for the R&R challenge since I posted the review of Egyptian Symbolism. I am planning on starting one of my Buddhism books soon, though. And I got another Egyptian Art book on ILL that I'll need to return before August, so hopefully I'll be able to read that soon, too.

    ReplyDelete