Sunday, June 7, 2009

Honolulu's 62nd Annual Book Sale -- PLEASE SAVE ME

After 12 boxes of books shoved into a storage unit (which surprised me...I thought I had more), you would think I'd shy away from this sale. Besides, I mailed three boxes over here for the summer. What's wrong with me?!? Please save me!!! Should I go? Can I pass this up? Will I get away from the sale with empty hands? What will I do with all the excess I collect? Sigh...

Well, if you're on Oahu June 20th through June 28th, you might check it out. After all, it is supposed to help the state economy, as they are running a huge deficit. You can count it as a good deed, right?

See Friends of the Library of Hawaii for additional information.

5 comments:

  1. I would if I could, and let me tell you, it would be a helluva great excuse to fly to Hawaii, but our own Friends of the Library is having their sale next weekend.

    My family is thinking of putting a lock on the door of my bedroom. And no, not the kind to keep people out.

    So, if you find yourself able to stay away, or go and not buy anything let me know. Otherwise I may just be spending the next week working on my lockpicking skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! I wish I was going to be home for that sale! Somehow the friends of the library book sales here in Cali just aren't the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should totally go. Just think, there might be a book there that you've always wanted to read all your life. And what's a few extra books, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can never pass up a good library book sale; so many books, and so so cheap too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love library books sales! And it helps support the library, so how can you pass it up? My goal is to donate more books than I buy, but it never seems to work out that way.

    ReplyDelete