Saturday, June 20, 2009

Bloggiesta: Update #1

I've learned something about blogging for hours at a time & trying to spruce things up...that html makes me crazy! I spent 3 hours trying to get a favicon for my blogger page, without much success. Thanks to a couple of online friends, I have a few tricks to try this morning, so thank you for your help @Nymeth & @heidenkind (their Twitter names). Actually though, I'm off to Honolulu's 62nd Annual Book Sale! I don't need more books, but I can't help going down to check it all out.

So, here's what I've accomplished so far.

Hours into Bloggiesta: 19
Hours spent Working: 6

  • I figured out that changing my URL might be a bit much at this point, so I'm going to have to pass on that one.
  • Sorted through Google Reader, including categories, etc. I think I've about completed that challenge, so I'll comment on that later!
  • Set up my giveaway for the "Rejuvenate & Renew" Challenge. (It's still in the works and secret, but it will be good.)
  • Changed my gravatar (is that what it's called?), and TRIED to change my favicon (what a pain). I haven't completely succeeded here, but I'll keep working on it!
Well, I'm excited to head off to the book sale! I'm not going to get much blogging in today until later tonight, but much of what I'm doing today is book oriented, so I'm excited. Aloha!

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I was much help with the html, but I tried. :) I'm planning on tackling the Flavicon this afternoon, so hopefully I'll have some ideas to help you when you get back.

    Have a great time at the book sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learning HTML is hard! But it gets bettter. Have fun at the book sale and let me know if you need any help with the favicon. I know there is a a thread in the blogging tips group about them that might have some tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's a flavicon?

    Have fun at the book sale and make sure you tell us what you picked up!!

    ReplyDelete