This is my first reading challenge, and I've been wanting to do this for awhile! As a teacher, my summer breaks become the time to "Rejuvenate and Renew." I've been wanting to read some nonfiction books that will lend me some good advice and get me back on track. For some reason, self help has garnered a bad name for itself, so I don't want to call my challenge the "Self Help Challenge," as that makes me sad and feel so desperate somehow!
Now that I can kind of "refocus" on myself for a bit, I've been wanting to read things like Suze Orman's Suze Orman's 2009 Action Plan, Elie Krieger's Small Changes, Big Results: A 12-Week Action Plan to a Better Life, Bethenny Frankel's Naturally Thin: Unleash Your SkinnyGirl and Free Yourself from a Lifetime of Dieting, Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia, books of literary theory I've meant to get around to, etc. Why don't you join me?
Here's the challenge:
- Choose any three non-fiction books that deal with a topic you've wanted to learn more about. This could be money & finance, home decorating, budget tips, weight loss, nutrition, beauty & fashion, writing, religion, philosophy, literary theory, or even a biography. (You get the picture.) Basically, take three how to or self help books that you've been wanting to read, and join in!
- Read these books between June 1st and September 1st.
- Sign up by posting a simple comment below. (I didn't want to make things too complicated for this first challenge...for myself, or for anyone else!)
- Take the button created above and post in your own blog, with a link back here so that we can all see what everyone is reading.
- Review your books, and once a week I'll put up a post that you can link your own post/review.
- Enjoy finding out more about what everyone else is learning this summer!