Thursday, April 9, 2009

Library Loot -- 4/9

I thought I'd have a leisurely evening, reading and laying around. No such luck. I've been doing a bit of grading in my online class, and to top it off, my students did some cyber-sleuthing (stalking), and found my landline number. Now I get phone calls from time to time about their assignments. Silly kids. Love them, but feels weird getting calls at home! I did get to watch "Mama Mia" at full volume, singing along whenever possible. How can you not like that? It makes online grading a bit easier in the long run.

Other than that. I did get a chance to go to the gym (where I probably got more reading done than I have at home), and then headed next door to the library to pick up four books that I'm excited to get to! Library Loot is hosted by Eva and Alessandra, and here's what I picked up:

First, Mr. & Mrs. Fitzwilliam Darcy. This has had a wide range of reviews, but since I'm such a sucker for remakes, I thought I'd give it a try and see what I thought! Yes, it's a follow up to Pride and Prejudice.

Second, I got another P&P follow up. I picked up The Darcys & The Bingleys: Pride and Prejudice Continues. Honestly, I haven't heard a lot about this particular sequel, but I have had this one on hold at the library for a bit. We'll see when I can get to it!

Third, I picked up Bewitching Season by Marissa Doyle. I wish I could remember where I read about this book, but one of our amazing book bloggers recommended it, so I put it on hold. It has that princess feel I'm obviously going for right now, so looks good to me! :)

Last, I checked out Violet on the Runway by Melissa Walker. The inspiration for this NYC fashion, runway, YA fiction probably came from one to many episodes of The Real Housewives of NYC. You know, since they're all SO into fashion and all! (Sorry, if you've watched that show, then you'd be smirking right along with me right now!)

With one more day of teaching to go, I'll have nine days off to read to my heart's content! :) Can't wait.

P.S. I finished my AP audit, and it has already been accepted!!!

1 comment:

  1. Those Violet books definitely sound interesting to me!

    ReplyDelete