Sunday, April 27, 2014

Readathon Finish Line





I finally crashed last night about 3 am after finishing one last graphic novel and trying to read a bit more from goodness knows what else.  I just know I fell asleep my iPad next to me and the television on.  That's the sign that I needed to just call it a night!


Today I'm feeling a bit haggard, which I wasn't expecting.  I've been taking it easy and just doing some light reading and even took a little cat nap.  Very strenuous day, eh?

Well, here's my readathon wrap up!
  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? 3 am, when I finally threw in the towel!
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?  Eleanor and Park.  I didn't get it finished, but I really enjoyed what I started and can't wait to finish it this week.  I've learned that the key it diving into a book that makes you forget about the pages your turning and the time that's passing. 
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?  Not really.  I just really enjoy being involved and appreciate all the time and effort that everyone puts in to putting it together for us.  THANK YOU so much!
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?  The hourly posts and all of the constant communication.  It was easy to see where we were at and how everyone was doing, which was nice.
  5. How many books did you read? 3, but they were pretty short.  I read a book of poetry, 2 graphic novels, and several hundred pages in a couple young adult novels.
  6. What were the names of the books you read? Poems from Homeroom, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children Graphic Novel, and The Uglies Graphic Novel.
  7. Which book did you enjoy most?  The book of poetry was a nice diversion and had some great stories.
  8. Which did you enjoy least?  None of them.  I liked them all.
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?  No.  They were great!
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?  Well, I need to see how things are going in the fall and how busy I am.  I'd love to try to host a challenge, if things are going well.  Sometimes it's all I can do though to just participate.
Well, I'm off to get ready for a busy week!  Thanks again to all those who put this together.  You all did an amazing job!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you stayed up until 3! You did better than I did. Good job and I'm glad you had a good Readathon. :)

    ReplyDelete