Sunday, April 27, 2014
Readathon Update: My Late MidPoint Survey
It's getting close to Hour 19 now, and close to midnight. Sleep is hard to ward off when you're used to crawling in bed before 10 pm so that you can be up before 6 am every day, but I'm hanging in there for the moment. We'll see how much longer I last though!
Since I started WAY later than everyone else, I figured I'd catch up with the Mid Point Survey.
1. What are you reading right now? Well, since I just finished a graphic novel, I'm going to move back to a novel. I think I'm going to bounce between Eleanor and Park and Diamonds and Deceit. Both are YA novels that keep things moving, which I need right now.
2. How many books have you read so far? 2--amazingly enough, considering when I started. I finished a short book of poetry and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children Graphic novel version. I've also read over 100 pages so far in Diamonds and Deceit and listened to a bit in an audiobook.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Well, since I'm probably in my final stretch, I think I'll settle in with those listed in #1.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? No. I really should have, but this has been my first day "free" for weeks, so after sleeping in and then running a quick errand, it was not quite the full day that I would have wished.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? More than I expected. I'm always surprised by the little things that interrupt a readathon. Oh well! You just dive back in and go back to reading. :)
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? The crazy weather we've had that has made reading perfect. We've had non-stop, constant rain here, which has been glorious! When you live in a desert, the sound of rain on the windowpanes is absolutely hypnotic.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Not that I can think of.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Start earlier.
9. Are you getting tired yet? I live with tired, so that's a given! :) Yes...I don't think I'll make it much longer.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Finding a good story that makes sleep the farthest thing from my mind is always the best thing possible. Really, that's the key.
All right, it's time to fight the good fight and see how much I can read in these final hours. Good luck to the rest of you as well!