Saturday, April 26, 2014
Readathon Kickoff: SO Late!
Yep. I'm just kicking off here. Let's state the obvious and get it out of the way. I haven't posted in forever!!! What better way to "try" to get my groove back than with a readathon though, right? Life has really kicked me in the rear end in so many ways over the past six months, that it has been crazy. I don't even know if I've read/finished a book in the last month, which is sad enough as it is, so I'm just happy to be here! Work always overwhelms me with all of the grading & responsibilities for one. But my grandmother passed away the first of this month, so I'll admit it--I clammed up a bit. Not always my best quality, but now I'm ready to step back out.
Thank goodness for a readathon to move things along though! The grades have been graded, the sleep has been slept, the errands have been erranded (ha, ha). Let me get reading now!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Salt Lake City
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Eleanor & Park, Allegiant, or finishing up The Chocolate Touch (It's all about the escape read for me today!)
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Crackers & Cheese--I picked up some of those fancy water crackers w/ sesame seeds. I love, love, love them. I'm a bit more of a savory gal than a sugar fan, so this is what I'm actually getting ready to snack on.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I'm a book "rotator," (20 books at a time to be exact--yes, it's an illness, I think) so I'm worried that I won't actually finish a darn thing with as little time as I'm giving myself! I have a feeling I'm going to get going and will flip to something else. I might have to grab a graphic novel just so I feel like I can accomplish something before it's all said and done.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? Relax. I've learned it doesn't do me any good to fret over what I can't do. I can't do it perfectly, so do what I can do and enjoy my time here! It's just great that we have a community of readers who enjoy doing this in the first place. I'm just thankful that there are amazing folks who are still so willing to put it together. THANK YOU!!!