Today we're starting off on our reading of The Great Gatsby. If you missed signing up or just want to join, here's the link, and here is the reading schedule:
- 4/10 to 4/17 Chapters 1-2 (40 pages)
- 4/17 to 4/24 Chapters 3-4 (47 pages)
- 4/24 to 5/1 Chapters 5-6 (34 pages)
- 5/1 to 5/8 Chapters 7-End (72 pages)
- 5/10 --Go see the movie!
Well, to get us going today, I thought I'd post a link to F. Scott Fitzgerald's Biography from bio.com. The site includes a nice video about Fitzgerald and some great pictures that I thought you might be interested to check out.
Finally, to get started, I'd like to know about your background with The Great Gatsby. Below are some initial questions about Fitzgerald and the novel:
- When did you first read The Great Gatsby?
- What was that first reading experience like?
- Have you read any of Fitzgerald's other works?
- Similar to other famous authors, why do you think Fitzgerald's work received more attention and acclaim after his death than before?
For this first week we have a pretty easy read of just the first two chapters. Start reading and drop by if something cool stands out to you! I'm going to get reading and might be back to post an update or respond to my own questions. :) Good luck, and happy reading!