Like many avid readers, every time I see a trailer for The Great Gatsby, I can hardly stand it. Any time there is a great novel made into a big budget film, I get a little excited and nervous to see how it turns out! Well, after some chatting on Twitter after a certain Louisville vs. Wichita State game, Trish got me to thinking about a possible Read Along to go before the film. Honestly, what better time to reread--or read for the first time--the awesome novel that is The Great Gatsby?!?
Here's the deal. I've never ran a Read Along, but I thought I'd give it a try. Besides, we have the movie to look forward to at the end of all of this!
Book Length: My copy comes in just under 200 pages
Time to Read: 1 month, with weekly check-ins
End Goal: To reread Fitzgerald's famous novel & then go check out the movie!
If you're not convinced, check out the movie trailer and then tell me you don't want to reread this gem?!?
If you want to join in, here are the reading details for the coming month:
- 4/10 to 4/17 Chapters 1-2 (40 pages)
- 4/17 to 4/24 Chapters 3-4 (47 pages)
- 4/24 to 5/1 Chapters 5-6 (34 pages)
- 5/1 to 5/8 Chapters 7-End (72 pages)
- 5/10 --Go see the movie!
Why don't we get started with a little Initial Post Survey:
- Have you read The Great Gatsby before? If so, what did you think of it the first time you read it? If not, what do you most look forward to?
- Have you seen any other film version of the novel? What did you think?
- What do you think of the new film coming out?
- Any other thoughts on The Great Gatsby you want to share...
Well, let's get a copy and get going!