Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sunday Blatherings: Happy Easter!

Happy Easter!  This year is pretty low key.  My mother is flying back from Ohio today, my best friend is in the Dominican Republic, and I went to have dinner and decorate eggs with family yesterday.  It was really nice to catch up with extended family and their kids.   

As a quick catch up, we're now on Spring Break.  I finished up end of term--yes, I magically finished all of those essays that had to be graded.  We're in full state-test-prep mode now, which I'm integrating into the unit I teach.  I try not to completely focus on teaching to the test, but the truth is that even a few focused lessons right before the test can help with test scores. 

Over the coming week, I'll be heading home to Idaho to help my mom wrap up a few things so she can sell and move.  The whole process has been pretty gut-wrenching, since that is where I grew up.  In fact, my family has lived in that part of Idaho for over 150 years, so it's pretty difficult to start to let go of places that have been in my family history for so long.  The truth is that most of our family now live elsewhere--actually within an hour of where I currently live.  This move isn't going to be easy, but it will be nice to have my mom closer, and memories are really about people, right?

Well, that's my little corner of the world.  I hope you have a great Easter and a great weekend!


1 comment:

  1. That would be hard! My parents still live in the house I grew up in, too.

    ReplyDelete