Thursday, December 29, 2011

Ring in the New Year with a "12 to 2012" Read-a-Thon

Are you tired of ringing in the New Year at a big party or get-together?  Are you like I am and inevitably end up in a fight with someone (verbal--not fisty-cuffs) or end up pondering on all you failed to accomplish that year?  Whether you love or hate New Year's Eve, you could always give a good 1/2 marathon, ahem, I mean READ-a-thon a try. 

After a great conversation via Twitter, @heidenkind, @picky_girl, and myself (@mjmbecky) decided to switch up our New Year's Eve with a good read-a-thon that would run from 12 pm to midnight.  We're in the central and mountain time zones, but we're going to start at noon wherever we're at. No worries.  Just let me know if you'd like to join in, or you can stop by here on New Year's Eve or check into Twitter.  We'll be reading and tweeting all evening!  However you celebrate, have a great New Year!

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous idea. I hate New Year's Eve parties for just the reasons you mentioned. Can't think of a better way to start the new year than with a book. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea but unfortunately I tend to fall asleep well before midnight no matter what. Haven't seen the new year in for many years. Good luck on your plan - no New Year's Day hangover for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like fun. Definitely count me in :)

    twitter.com/yabookgirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited to have fun NYE plans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like fun. I'll be going to bed long before midnight but I'll be doing some reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I am going out with friends tonight to celebrate so tomorrow night will be perfect for a readathon. Thanks for organizing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll probably participate for at least a while. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I think I'm in too. I have to work for a few hours tomorrow so if it's ok, I'll join in from either 4 or 5 pm to midnight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh...I've been using the wrong email to comment. I was wondering why my blog picture wasn't coming up! Count me in to the read-a-thon. Thanks for doing this! Sounds like a fun way to ring in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, this is just what I need. My Christmas present to myself (an Xbox360) has turned out to be more trouble then it's worth and it'd be great to finish that book I'm reading by the new year.

    Thanks Carin for sending me this way!

    You can find me on twitter as ratsinabag.

    ReplyDelete