- Staying up late (love, love, love)
- Sleeping in (love, hate, love, hate--love getting lots of sleep, hate seeing how late it is once I get going)
- All the junk I couldn't do during school (i.e. clean, organize, etc.)
- Putting together that treadmill
- Visiting the chiropractor 3+ times for putting together said treadmill (Nice start to "good health.")
- Graded 33+ essays and over 100 quizzes (Only 70+ essays to go! Ha, ha.)
- Shopping for decor for my home (I picked up some great stuff to go above my kitchen cupboards & an amazing piece of art for my guestroom.)
- Did a LITTLE reading
Okay. Now that I've shared a bit of what my holidays have entailed, let me get down to brass tax. I was doing great on my 100 Book Challenge for Goodreads until the school year hit. Ever since then, I feel as though I've been chasing that darn app, always managing to be a book or two behind.
Thankfully, setting my challenge has really pushed me to try out books and genres I might not have otherwise. For instance, I have become a big fan of graphic novels. Who would have thought?!? There are some really great reads out there and I've enjoyed trying out ones I haven't read before. When you only have a snippet of time, a graphic novel is a perfect option. Audiobooks have also been a great option to fill in the gaps. When I have had no other time than the drive to and from work, listening to a book has made me feel as though I'm still getting in a little reading.
Well, there's my update and challenge! Wish me luck, since I'm on my way to finishing those last three books (and 70+ essays...). Here's to hoping I can actually finish it up before 2012. Then I'll need to regroup and have a "Review-Writing" Challenge!
Did you set a Goodreads Challenge and where are you at with it?