Monday, December 29, 2008

Revelations by Melissa De La Cruz


With the craziness of the wind and weather, we've spent more time inside than you might think. Having said that, I finally finished Melissa De La Cruz's third book in the Blue Blood series, Revelations. I wanted to say how much I liked it, but found that I was dragging myself through it like a chore. So sad! The first two books had at least caught my attention, but this one left me feeling like no matter what I guessed about who was a "Silver Blood" or a bad guy was just beyond the point. The story would twist around and change, no matter what I guessed or thought. You would think that would make a good story, but for me it just felt a little distracting.

Since this is the third book in the series, I don't want to say much, but can say that it follow Schuyler Van Allen and her turmoil as she learns how to become the vampire that she was born to be. Unlike other "vampire" books I've read, this one really talks more about the community of vampires than just Schuyler, but you definitely follow her to see how she deals with the challenges she encounters. This is not a humorous book in any way, and takes a pretty serious bent throughout, but is still on the YA/Adult border. I'm pretty bored with them at this point, but will probably read the 4th book just to see how it works out.

Well, off to finish reading Death of a Salesman. I know, can you believe I've never actually "read" the silly thing?!? I actually realized about a month ago that I'm pretty uneducated when it comes to plays. That bothered me, so I did a bunch of research one day at work about plays that my AP students might want to know, and then went to Barnes and Nobles and bought three plays I've never read. I love teaching plays, so I'm excited to add to my limited knowledge of plays (other than Tennessee Williams, who I fell in love with at BYU). Anyway, I'm off to do some reading! Finally...I'm getting into a little reading. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment