Monday, October 10, 2011

Monday Meanderings: What I'm Reading...

This weekend was kind of a fun-filled busy one.  I had family come for the weekend, and since I was getting over a bit of a nasty cold, I was ready to relax and have a great time.  I'm feeling overwhelmed and a bit stressed out now about all the things I need to grade and prepare for school, but I had a great time out for a couple of days!  (We all need those.)

Anyway, I wanted to share what I finished over the weekend:


I have seen mixed reviews on this follow up to Matched, by Ally Condie, but I really liked it.  There are obvious "middle book" plot points that the author had to cover, but I thought it was still really good.  Now I'm hoping I can be patient for the third book!

The other book I'm super excited to read and seems to be getting mad, in love reviews is Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins.  A couple of people I work with have read it and are already raving about it (and I'm super jealous they had it already).  I just got mine from the library, so I'm definitely ready to dive in!

Here's what I've picked up from the library.


Since I'm a book circulator and I read about 10 to 14 at once (yes, it's a sickness), here's some of the books I'm working on:


Wuthering Heights is my SIXTH time reading this novel, but I haven't read it in about five years, so I thought I'd better revisit it (since I'm teaching it).

Wow.  I'm sensing a theme with all of these.  Oh well.  That's what I'm reading right now.  What are you reading that has you really excited?

6 comments:

  1. Uhg, you've read that thing 6 times?!? I'd just watch the new BBC miniseries and call it a day. Actually, you really should watch it; I thought it brought a lot more understanding to Cathy's character, and the actor who plays Heathcliffe is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read Wuthering Heights. I have heard very mixed things about it. I do plan to read it at some point though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished Crossed too. I thought it was great. I think I still liked Matched better, but I enjoyed this one as well.

    So I'm guessing you must be a big fan of WH it if you are teaching it and have read it six times?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot, no matter how hard I try, read more than one book at a time. How in the world do you keep everything straight? I can't even read a nonfiction and a fiction on completely different themes at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really must read Wuthering Heights one of these days. Maybe after I finish Dracula... I am so bad about reading classics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea, I won't lie. I had to drag myself through this one this time around. I did it though! :)

    ReplyDelete