Saturday, March 14, 2009

Princess in the Spotlight...and NO...I'm Not The Princess!

I need to be heading to the gym, but if I can procrastinate moving my body in any way on a Saturday morning...then I will! :) I recently updated and bought the new BodyBugg. Don't let that fool you though. It's an electronic device that only tells me...once again...how bad I am at the weight loss game!!!


Okay, well I did finally finish Meg Cabot's second Princess Diaries novel Princess in the Spotlight. All of Cabot's stuff is light, fun, and easy to read, so I'm not sure why this took me so long to read?!? I'm actually trying to read all of the series so that I can read the book published by "Mia" called Ransom My Heart, in which all the proceeds are going to GreenPeace...so cool. Anyway, I have been trying to read through the series so that I get Mia's desire to write the book. Honestly, Meg Cabot is one of my favorite authors, so reading these should be a delight.

Well, in book two, Princess Mia is just learning the ropes of what it means to represent Genovia. She's madly in love with her best friend's brother, Michael, her mother is pregnant and marrying Mia's math teacher, and Mia's Grandmere is trying in every possible way to turn Mia and her life into princess-quality stuff. Overall, just a fun little read full of teenage angst that's been added to by finding out she's a princess.

Off to the gym now. My house is being inundated by "study group" people...so must leave. Good motivation for going to the gym! One week, and I'll be in Hawaii!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment