Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Library Loot--3/30

Last night I returned three unread books. Now, that makes me a little embarrassed, but I have now acknowledged to myself that I check out too many, and currently can't keep up with the ones I have been given or purchased. Having said that, I'm switching over to checking out more audio & video material for the time being...things I can put on while I grade my online classes (about two hours of grading a night). I know it sounds insane, but I have to have something on while I work. Yes...the hamster on the wheel is running full speed. :)

Last night I picked up the following films, in an effort to cut back, and read more of the books I already own. First, Office Space. My friend Doc about died when I said I hadn't seen it, so I checked it out and will be watching it later this week or weekend when all the snowstorms are supposed to be rolling in.

Second, I picked up Reality Bites. I'm not sure where I was reading about this movie, but it was listed as a "must see" look into the way things are? I'm not sure what that means, but I was intrigued, have never seen it, and thought now was a good time!

Finally, I checked out 1900's House. Let me just admit to being a PBS House series junkie! I own two of their series, and really love watching them. I could never be sent back in time to one of these social experiments, but the history major person in me really loves that side, as well as the voyeuristic side of watching people really try to live that way!

Well, for now, that's all. Now let's hope I can get through more of the books I own. :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy watching! Office Space always cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I returned two books this week that I just didn't care for. Never done that before. You can work and listen to a story at the same time, that's amazing to me. I'm not one for films, I get headaches from watching tv, which is why I can read so much. Enjoy your new loot.

    ReplyDelete