Monday, July 28, 2008

Fatigue...

Now I don't know what the difference is between being tired and being fatigued, but I can honestly say that this past week has been a huge mixture of both! Mom moved into her new apartment on Wednesday, after we had gotten up early to go down and see Pearl Harbor, followed by a two or three hour jaunt around the swap meet outside the Aloha Stadium. We got home that day and got the call that Oceanic was ready to move the internet and cable. Well, if they're going to take away my livelihood with the net, and our nightly entertainment with the cable, well by all means...we better just move! It was crazy painful trying to move mass amounts of crap into mom's car, drive it around the corner, unload it, and then go back to the apartment again. Nothing was organized, and not only was mom completely overwhelmed by it all, but so was I! Poor Sari had to help us in the madness, and I won't go into the several days of nightmare that moving always ends up being, but needless to say, we're in her new place now. There are some pros and cons. It's quieter here, more space, more modern in it's construction, and seemingly fewer bugs and geckos running around. On the negative, it's HOT since we don't get any air in here, stinky in the front from mom's next door neighbor's cats (about 7 that I can count), and did I mention hot?!? We're going to have to invest in a window air conditioner, or mom will be steamed inside her own place by September. We're all feeling pretty hot and sweaty all the time, so the sooner we can get one hooked up, the better!

Any other news? Well, not really. As soon as I can find my camera cords, I'll download my newest pictures, as we've been pretty busy visiting the PCC, Waimea Falls (which is all dried up), and the Laie Days Parade yesterday morning. Honestly, I've been dragging just about every single day, to the point where I fantasize about finding a flat, soft surface to crash on for about 24 hours. I don't mean to whine about it, but honestly, I'm tired ALL the time, regardless of physical labor, stress, or amount of sleep I get. I'm doing all I can to beat it by being as healthy as possible, but it's still nearly impossible.

All right. Well, I really should head to bed here soon. Another week is starting, and I only have a little over two weeks left of my summer! :( Man, that makes me sad. I got a call week before last to ask me to take AP Literature this next year. I'm nervous about how the kids will react to finding out that I'm taking over, since I know how much they loved the other teacher (who moved). I love the curriculum, but am a little nervous is all. I'm still doing my online work like crazy, and know that it will come to an end...thankfully. :) Sari is here until Thursday, and then I follow suit early next week. I really can't believe my Hawaiian summer is coming to an end!!! At least I still have North and South to make me feel better. What a GREAT movie! I'm sorry, but period pieces rock! I didn't want to add another post for the simple fact that I'd be bumping my North and South pictures. I might just add another one in to make me feel better!



Before I close, let me just say that I'm going to do an end of summer book review. I haven't read as much as I'd like, but I have had a chance to tear through some teen reads and some chick lit that I love. I think I've gotten my mom into Sophie Kinsella's books, as she asks me if I have more of them for her to read. :) Anyway, I just wanted to mention that I haven't abandoned my original love...which is literature...and not just Richard Armitage and Colin Firth! Mahalo, and I'll talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment