Monday, November 2, 2009

I'm Officially Old...I Think

On Halloween, my BFF Doc & I headed off to dinner and a movie. We decided to be daring, and play like we were the age we felt, and not the 30-somethings we really are and go see Paranormal Activity. You've heard of that movie right? About a young couple, living in a home where they set up cameras to document the "paranormal" happenings in their home that are frightening them? Well, why I thought it would be a good idea, I don't know. We both kind of psyched ourselves out to begin with, and then once we were all settled in, Doc turned to me and said, "I really don't feel real great." I kind of laughed it off, trying to also put on a brave face. It only got worse from there.

The theater was relatively full, and we were blocked in. I was at first thankful for that, as it eliminated the scary monsters that might tap me on the shoulder during the film. :) As the film began, we noticed that the camera was supposedly being run by the couple, which meant they bounced around...a lot. First, we both got dizzy, then we both started to get absolutely GREEN around the gills (so to speak) from MOTION SICKNESS. Yes, you heard it. We ended up getting up, 35 minutes into the film, totally not scared, but nauseous.

So there you have it. I guess it's not that we get to be chickens as we get older, but that our bodies either betray us with a little motion sickness or maybe an inability to run from spooky things like we once did? LOL.

That was my Halloween night. How was did your's turn out? :)

11 comments:

  1. LOL! My mom gets the same way with bumpy movies. :)

    I took my kids trick-or-treating, then handed out candy at our house. Soooo exciting! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was like that for the beginning of Cloverfield but I did ok once I got use to it.

    I took my boy trick-or-treating and we had the grandparents over. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vegged out watching horror movies on tv. I am old. Sigh.

    I so can't watch those types of movie, I get the WORST headache and they are usually craptastic anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered about the motion-sickness aspect, especially since I'd heard comparisons with The Blair Witch project.

    I can't even last five minutes with a bouncing camera, so I haven't seen many movies like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't watch scary movies like that because they freak me out. I'm so sorry that you and Doc ended up getting motion sickness...not a fun way to spend your night!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! My husband watched it alone on his laptop and didn't sleep for TWO hours! Mind you, he does NOT scare easily. So maybe it was the big screen?

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol...I remember thinking that when a friend and I walked out of Sin City. It just wasn't our type of movie, and felt like we were old to think that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I hate Halloween, so I just came home from work and then hid my house. Thank god that's over!

    My brother went to see Paranormal Activity with his girlfriend and he said it was pretty dumb. So I don't think you missed anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wouldn't like the bumpy quality of this film. Good thing I don't plan to see it in theatres!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I get dizzy and nauseous very easily, so I appreciate the heads up on this movie. Hopefully you had a great dinner to make up for the terrible movie! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for stating about the motion sickness? I had motion sickness the first time watching Blair Witch and forget Diary of the Dead I was out even more than half way through the film. I'm still looking forward to seeing it though. I just know now to take a dramamine! ;D lol I've always been that way though.

    ReplyDelete