Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday Salon #3

I went to prom last night! How's that for an opening? :) Actually, I joined some of my good friends from school in chaperoning the prom. It was so fun! We met, early in the afternoon, to get pictures (yes, we got to have pictures) and then head off for dinner. The rest of the evening was spent, taking tickets, dancing through the crowds, awarding prom royalty, and just general merriment! Several of us got one of our administrators to take us on a "tour" of the dance floor. She was super-brave (and so were we for following), and cut through the largest crowds. The key, she said, "Just bounce with them, and you'll be all right." How funny! Altogether, it was more fun than I ever expected, and will gladly chaperon again!

Well, on to reading! I've been bouncing around between several different books, and am thinking ahead to my summer in Hawaii. Why am I thinking ahead? Well, I have to make sure my library lists are closed or put on hold! It feels a little sad though, to see my lists disappear or be put on long-term hold. :( Small price to pay for two delightful months in Hawaii though, right? :)

Today I'm going to keep reading Sharon Lathan's Mr. & Mrs. Darcy: Two Become One. I've read the first chapter and don't have an opinion yet, but am interested to keep reading. It seems that it's received some controversy, so we'll see what I think once I get through it for myself! As for now, I see the sun peeking through the clouds, so might grab my book and go out for a quick walk. Another week gone, and another great one ahead! Cross your fingers for my AP students. They take their test on Thursday morning.

1 comment:

  1. "Just bounce" that made me laugh!! Sounds like you all had a good time at prom. Probably a lot more fun without all the high school drama huh? Look forward to what you think of this book, I've tossed it around about reading it a few times.

    ReplyDelete