Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Read-a-Thon?

I really shouldn't be doing catch up on blogs right now, as I've used my prep to make copies, chat with a few colleagues, give quizzes to several students, and to check in with the first-year teacher I'm mentoring, but I always skim through certain sites before starting the day. Anyway, I noticed that on this site you can check out a Read-A-Thon happening on October 18th? I CAN'T do a 24-hour thing...although...that's my fall break. I don't know...we'll see. I just thought I'd pass the info. along so that anyone interested can look it up! Talk at you later!

Mahalo!

P.S. I started a book last night called Good Things by Mia King, and kind of got sucked into it. It was on my list because the author is from Hawaii, and I made myself a list of Hawaiian authors to check out. Anyway, it's not for everyone...more for those of us that like chick lit, but since I'm only about 60 pages into it, I can only say I like it so far. While I have tons of papers to grade, I can't say that it's a good idea for me to finish it by the weekend, but I think there's a pretty good chance that I will. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment