Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday Blatherings

All right.  I had a lengthy blog post written that I deleted parts of over and over again.  I decided that it's time to let the post go and give a summary.  Here's what I've been up to, that once again, drove me away from any online presence:
  • Online Open House
  • Parent-Teacher Conferences, which went really well!  
  • Midterms
  • 95 4-page essays from my Juniors
  • 57 AP Literature Timed Essays
Anyway, that's some of my life in a nutshell.  It was a great week, but so busy that all I did was come home, grade a few papers, and then head to bed.  My students have been so great this year that I keep wondering if I'm in a really great dream.  They are just a really great group of kids which motivate me to work harder for them.  Now, how can I get through all these papers and still sleep?!?

Life has been pretty calm otherwise.  I bought my tickets to head to Michigan next month to visit my best friend who is in residency out there.  After a summer where I stuck close to home, I'm eager to get out of Dodge and spend time with my friend.  Now that I'm trying to really pay everything off, I don't see many other trips in my near future, so this will be a fun get away.  I can't wait!  I guess it will be my own little kick off to the holiday "season." (Speaking of awesome getaways, I so want to head to this awesome cottage in Cornwall, England called "The House in The Sea."  Awesome!)

Other than that, nothing much going on.  Here's what I finished reading this last week.  Talk about my great escape when I couldn't take how busy I was all day!


It's funny that my fiction reads were both vampire books!  These were my escape from my crazy schedule.  How do I end up reading more?  Yea, I turn the TV off early and I read so that I can unwind.  That's just the way I roll. 

Well, there's my exciting life in a nutshell!  I think this week will be a lot better and much slower.  Let's hope I can get back to the treadmill and maybe some healthy cooking?  Hopefully I'll get through some more great reads!

What did you do this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. THIS weekend? I mainly worked on Diverse Universe things and I started another story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good to me. As long as you liked it, who cares. Right? :)

    ReplyDelete