Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Paris In July Wrap Up & Other Fun

How did July get away from me?  I've had a delightful time focusing on Paris and France, even though I only posted two posts about it.  Yea, that wasn't so good.  I managed to cook Madeleines (which I will definitely be doing again--maybe I'll make them for my mother, who is coming to visit this weekend) and I also read and posted my review of Paris My Sweet.

I did get through a couple of movies as well, but I didn't get them posted.  That will have to happen here soon.  No worries here.  Thank you to Tamara at Thyme for Tea and Karen at Bookbath for hosting this fun challenge this month.  It was nice to just give it a try!

This summer has been very nice and calm, which was fine.  I went into it knowing that I wasn't going anywhere, that I'd be working, and that I'd have to deal with it.  Personally, I thought I'd go a bit bonkers without a trip planned, but it was just fine.   A small group of us have been planning a pretty major trip to Europe (France, Italy, and Austria) when my mother retires, so I have a goal in mind.  She actually retires this coming February, but we're going to hold off so that my friend "Doc" (as she likes me to call her) can finish up her residency.  The trip should be pretty amazing, so it's definitely something to look forward to down the road.  It's in three years--and counting!

All right.  For now, I'll head back to the glorious Olympics.  Talk about a reason to hit the gym!  Now, does anyone know where I can find a water polo team, because I've been looking in all the wrong places?  :)

I have to include this awesome YouTube video from the U.S. Olympic Swim Team, mocking to the song "Call Me Maybe."  Too darn cute.

2 comments:

  1. Austria should be amazing! That's where my family comes from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I know that was one country my mom was determined we visit. It should be a great time, so I can't wait. :)

      Delete