Thursday, April 8, 2010

Personal Side Note. Irony is Alive and Well.

I'm sorry, but I had to post a quick side note to my "reading" holiday. Isn't Spring Break supposed to be relaxing, full of reading and sunshine? Well, in my world that would be a little bit of a no! In order to get my car to pass inspection, I was told on Monday that I have a $500 fix job on this or that (because car speak completely goes over my head) after the $600 I spent just four months ago. Can anyone say, "Hey dear. Is it time to buy a new car?!?"

On top of that, I have to replace my windshield. I waited ALL DAY today to hear back from the glass company, who were waiting for my insurance to verify my claim, only to find that my insurance doesn't include this in my policy. As I was on the phone then REsetting up my appointment for Friday, I heard the most horrific glacier-like ice cracking sound. I figured out the sound was coming from the front door, where it looked like someone had thrown a snowball and the water was dripping down. Here's the kicker though, it wasn't water...it was a million hair-like fissures zipping everywhere up and down my front door. Nope. No one shot it out. No one threw a rock into it. It just shattered. Guess how much this beauty is "estimated" to cost to fix?


New flash: When my students need an example of irony, I will share this story, that I was on the phone with the glass company when my front door shattered. Priceless.

All right. I'll stop waxing poetic. For my friends and students who peek in on my blog from time to time, I see you! I know you're giggling at my pain! That's okay. I'm much better now that I've shared. Until the dust settles, have a great day and I'll be back once I'm safely encased behind the glass again!

7 comments:

  1. I am TOTALLY laughing right now but this is SO NOT funny. Oh Becky. Sometimes life can be such an inconvenience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, poor you! I hope you'll manage to solve everything. It was kind of funny to read, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for the lesson in irony. It seems when it rains, it pours! Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (((hugs)) It seems like everything always goes at the same time, when you can least afford it. I hope fixing everything goes more smoothly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all. :) I waited for SIX hours today for the guy just to come change out my windshield. Now, he was very nice when he showed up, and I could tell he'd had quite a day, but if he only knew how frazzled I was! LOL.

    As for the front door. It's still broken. Honestly, this situation does seem ironic and funny to me. No worries if you laughed. That's all I could do yesterday, was laugh at everything that fell apart. I think I'm ready to go back to work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, poor Becky! That happened to my sunroof once while I was driving on the highway. I got home completely covered in glass.

    ReplyDelete