Saturday, October 18, 2014

Readathon: Hour 11 & Mid-Event Survey


What an awesome day so far!  This has been my most productive readathon, no question.  Sometimes I feel like being a social butterfly and zooming around the net to see how everyone is doing, but this time I really wanted to just escape everything and just read!  It's been a bad 6 months for reading, so this has been a great time to dive back in--and boy have I.

Here's what I've been up to!

Books Read:  3--Granted, I was 1/2 way through all of them before the readathon began, so it would be more like 1 1/2.  Still, I'm saying 3.  :)
Pages Read:  390
Hours Read:  This is always hard to calculate, but I've been reading pretty steady today.  I've taken a few breaks here or there to do laundry, get a drink, go outside to read, etc.  I'd say at least 4?  Not great, but still good for the various interruptions, right?
Challenges or Cheering:  Zip.  I know!  It's really bad this time, but I HAD to get myself out of this reading slump.  :(  I keep saying I'll host another challenge down the road.  Maybe I'll join something later tonight???  I did go stop in on some blogs to say hi and see how they were doing, so that might count?!?
Drinks:  1 Diet Pepsi, 1 16 oz lemonade, and 1 huge glass of water.
Snacks:  Well, since I've skipped eating normal meals today, in place of reading (yes, I should go eat something), 1/2 of that bag of Doterra chips & 1/2 an apple.

UPDATE:  I should have realized the Mid-Point Survey was going up right around when I posted this.  I just came back in and attached it below.

Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now?  I'm going to grade some essays and then I'll dive into a few chapters of Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison until I rotate on to something else.
2. How many books have you read so far?  3
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?  I'm still waiting to get back to Landline by Rainbow Rowell.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?  Well, just household interruptions and the pressure to get my grading finished.  That will always be there, so I've been going back and forth between the two.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?  How much better I do if I stay away from the internet.  Sometimes I really like to feel connected to everyone, so I stay online a lot more, but I feel bad about how little reading time I get in.  This time, I swore to myself that I would spend as much time as possible reading.  I really needed it, so it has been great.

All right.  I think I'm off to go scrounge for some food, get my bed remade after cleaning my sheets, and grading some papers before I can sit back down and read in earnest.  I'll be back a bit later though!  Good luck to everyone!

6 comments:

  1. In years past I've done like you and made more of an effort to read. This year I'm splitting my time between other blogs and reading and I'm liking it. Getting all those books finished is great! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, my focus on reading is starting to tank! :) We'll see if I can get it back here toward the end...

      Delete
  2. I didn't do any challenges this time. It is nice, in a way, to focus on a couple of things only.

    Hope to see you back later when you can read in earnest.

    If you need a little singing boost as you read along: Here's Singing My Way Through the Readathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the awesome cheer! :) I'm going to try to pull it together and get some more good reading in before we're all finished.

      Delete
  3. I'm in the same headspace you are--read and escape! I am cheering for few hours tonight, but more because I like reading my friends' updates. :)

    Hope you got back to reading fast and grading wasn't too hateful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, grading wasn't too bad. I just need to get--it--done! I'm still way too far from having it all finished for my liking. :(

      Delete