Saturday, October 12, 2013
Dewey's Read-a-Thon: MidPoint Survey (At Least MY Midpoint)
I've been reading now, off and on, for about 9 hours. We're almost to hour 15 though, so we're well over half way... *sigh* What can I say. I'm doing all right at this read-a-thoning business, but I can't plaster myself to the couch and read for 24 hours straight. Things happen, right?
Anyway, I did end up running to the library to pick up the audiobook of Me Before You by Jojo Moyes, which everyone has been raving about. I'm pretty excited to start listening to it starting on Monday. On that little errand, I finished listening to Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella, which I'd been listening to over the past couple of weeks back and forth to work, so I was still able to keep going with my reading.
Let's do a quick Midpoint catch up though and then I'm going to do a little blog hopping. This is the point where I tend to do my best reading, so I'm going to capitalize on it! We'll see how I do. I never make it to the finish line, so I don't know if I'll be back to update or not...
1) How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired? No. I'm doing great now. I'm a night girl, so I'm okay now. I wasn't so great earlier this morning though and thought I was going to need a major jolt of caffeine to make it out of the afternoon! :)
2) What have you finished reading? Well, I finished two books that I was already well into before the readathon started. I finished up, Insurgent earlier this morning, and then Twenties Girl this afternoon when I ran errands. Other than that, I've been rotating books like crazy!
3) What is your favorite read so far? I've really liked reading The White Queen by Phillipa Gregory. Maybe it's just all the history that I'm curious about, or Phillipa's great storytelling, but I've really fallen into it.
4) What about your favorite snacks? Diet Pepsi, Green Tea, and hot apple cider (not mixed together...yuck!). Okay. So those are drinks and not "snacks," but I like drinks more than food items when I'm reading. I don't like to eat while I read as much as drink something while I'm reading, so the drinks are a must.
5) Have you found any new blogs through the readathon? If so, give them some love! Not yet! :( I have really stuck to reading and twitter, for the most part. Visiting a few blogs this evening is my goal, so off I go!