Saturday, October 12, 2013

Dewey's Read-a-Thon: Hour 10 Update


Okay, so it's really my Six hour update, but we're well into the readathon and I need to give a little update because I've finished my first book!

I had some serious issues getting going this morning though.  What's up with that?  After writing my initial post, I put laundry in, read a few blogs, looked at Tumblr, folded some laundry, sorted through my email, and added a few more books to my Goodreads account.  FINALLY, I got sucked into my first book about four hours ago though, and I was off and running!  Thank goodness!

Hours Reading:  My guess is really only around 4 w/ all the interruptions
Chapters Read:  Three chapters in Meet Me at the Cupcake Cafe (which is what sucked me in), Six chapters in Revolution 19, and then I FINISHED Insurgent's last 17 chapters (about 170 pages).
Books Read:  1--Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Snacks:  A handful of Pirate's Booty earlier this morning and some Diet Pepsi is about it.  I was a little too distracted to grab a snack.  It's not a good habit, but I tend to not eat much all day on Saturdays, so I'm thinking it's about time to eat some dinner here pretty soon, especially since I skipped lunch!  I'm about ready to eat an apple and maybe have my Thai leftovers.  Yum!
Nap Close Calls:  One pretty serious ones around 11 am.  *Yawn*  The Diet Pepsi helped pull me out of it though! :)

Well, I'm off to run to the library real quick.  I have an audiobook to finish though, so all is well.  I can keep on "reading" while I'm out!  Let's hope that quick errand shakes some of my sleepiness off or I'm going to be fast asleep on the couch here in another hour or so... *Yawn*

How are you all doing?!?  I need to head out and do some blog hopping soon!

3 comments:

  1. Good job reading, I actually gave in and took a 15 minute nap earlier. But I am up and going once again. Keep reading and remember Have Fun! #teambear

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really had trouble getting going when I did the readathon previously too. I think there is so much to take in and try and juggle, as well as dealing with real life too that it can take a while to get in the swing of things. I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying yourself now! Here's a cheer to keep you going:

    Read, read, read that book,
    Whether on paper or a nook.
    We all know you can do it,
    Your determination will get you though it!

    Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppp reading. :)

    You may be sleepy, you may be tired,
    But your dedication is most admired.
    If you’re wilting don’t despair,
    A cup of tea/coffee will get you there!

    Ra-ra-Readathon!

    Team Bear

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been taking a little break and finding that it's just what I need! Keep having fun Becky :)

    ReplyDelete