Monday, December 31, 2012
New Year's Eve Readathon: Starting Point
I'm starting my actual "reading" a bit late for the readathon, but better late than never. I finished my "Best of 2012" list for the year and am now ready to settle in to do a bit of reading. Sadly, I also need to do some grading along the way, but I've decided I'll trade off to make it all easier.
Since I'm just getting started, I need to answer both surveys to get me going. Over at "The Picky Girl" you'll find the sign up and check ins. It's going to be a great time, so join us in ringing in 2013 with a great read!
1. What are you reading today? I'm going to do a bit of rotating today, so I can't really say for sure yet! A lot of them are on my iPad, so I have a hard time making a list until I open up and jump in.
2. Are you a comfy reader, or do you get dressed, wear shoes and socks, and sit in a straight back chair? I'll be comfy, for sure! We got some wispy snow overnight, so I'm in no mood to get dressed up; I'd much rather stay in warm pajama pants and cozy socks, curled up on the couch with a blanket--for now.
3. Food. What will you be eating/imbibing today? Yesterday I cooked up a lovely Chicken Biryani, so I have leftovers, along with some blackberries for a healthy snack, taquitos for an unhealthy snack, and plenty of Diet Dr. Pepper by my side!
4. Have you finished a book yet? Nope. I'm just getting started, so we'll see what I accomplish today and this evening.
5. What book do you want to be reading to close out 2012? That's a good question. I'm thinking that maybe I'd like to finish Meg Cabot's Insatiable, since I'm about 100 pages from finishing it up. It might be nice to ring in the New Year with a book checked off my list.
Here's the second check up:
1. Have you napped yet? Or are you still going strong? No naps, although I feel one coming on.
2. Do you have a favorite book of 2012? If so, what is it? I really loved The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight. That book really rocked me emotionally, and was so engaging and sweet!
3. Any reading goals for 2013? I'm going to up my Goodreads challenge to 103. I don't dare go up to 113 to match the year, so I'll just match that last number and increase a little at a time!
4. Is anyone listening to any audiobooks? I might be. I was listening to Cinder before Christmas break and I'm ready to dive back into it, but we'll see. If I'm not driving as I do it, I'm afraid I'll nod off! :)
5. What book are you most excited about in 2013? You know, I don't even know! That's something I need to look into.
Well, I'm off to go get some reading done. I'm going to grade a couple of essays first, and then I'll escape into a great book! Have a great one today.