Sunday, October 14, 2012

End of Readathon & Sunday Blatherings


I'll just admit that I stand little chance of making it all the way through a readathon.  Especially with a flight home later tonight, I didn't want to make myself sick and nauseous (my go to response when I'm sleep deprived) by staying up too late.  Okay.  Total over-share, but you get my drift!

Here is my End of Readathon Survey response:

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you?  About 2 am here, which is midnight for me when I'm home.  I had to call it a night.
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?  I know it doesn't help you finish a book, but I like bouncing around a bit in what I read.  One thing I really enjoyed was reading a short novella, "Tweet the Police" that gave me that feeling of finishing something.  I also think that finishing books you're midway through is nice.  It gives you some settled time to really finish them up, which I love.
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?  Not really.  I love them and think they are always well run.  I appreciate that they are set up so we can all jump in when we can!
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?  I appreciate the camaraderie that comes from cheerleaders and the visiting bit behind the event.  It really does help keep you moving.
  5. How many books did you read?  1 1/4 novels and 1 novella
  6. What were the names of the books you read?  Stranger In My Arms by Lisa Kleypas, I started To Marry an English Lord, and read "Tweet the Police" by Ellis Drake.
  7. Which book did you enjoy most?  Well, all of them.  Honest.
  8. Which did you enjoy least?  None.
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?  I wasn't one this year, other than visiting people when I could.  They make a great difference.
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?  Yes, I'll be participating for sure.  I like hosting challenges, so I'll try to gear up for it.
 Well, that's that.  I'm so glad I got to jump into the readathon here or there, so now I have to gear up for my trip home from Michigan.  It's been a great trip, even though it was way too short.  To finish the day before I fly out, my friend "Doc" and I are watching a bit of Sherlock and I'm going to try to get some more grading wrapped up.

Time to get back to the grading and sorting of the luggage. 

How was your weekend, and if you participated in the readathon, how did you do? 

4 comments:

  1. I don't know how you bounce around while you're reading... I had a hard time keeping my books straight even when they don't overlap!

    I also participated and I read 2.5 books. It was my first readathon and I definitely plan on participating again in April!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip home!!! Glad you had a nice visit with your friend!

    (I have the same response to sleep deprivation. Of course, I sort of have that same response to many things. Talk about over-share, huh?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Sherlock!

    I didn't participate in the Readathon because I had plans for the day and I thought it would be way too much to worry about--and I was right! But I am definitely planning on participating next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you got to participate some!!! And I really need to catch up on sherlock!!! Was so glad to see that they finally put season 2 on Netflix!!

    ReplyDelete