Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Review: Zombies Hate Stuff by Greg Stones

Does anyone else think that somehow zombies are becoming the new vampire?  Not that they are the romantic lead of a story, but they sure are the new "it" monster.  I can't say where I found this cute little zombie jewel, but it sure cracked me up!

What's the premise?  Well, don't you know that Zombies Hate Stuff?  This little book is a hoot and there's no other way of putting it.  What does a zombie NOT hate?  Well, not much.  Each page pretty much focuses on one item at a time.  The funniest has to be the juxtapositions the author included, from kittens to hippies.  Talk about a weird contrast of items, but it had me snickering the whole way through it.  Honestly, this was a wacky, fun zombie-party of a time. This makes me wonder if this author has thought about a series of these books featuring different monsters/paranormals?

By the way, this is a picture book, but I'm not sure if a hatchet carrying zombie is meant for small children.  Then again, Halloween is on its way!

4 comments:

  1. I thought zombies only loved... BRAIIIIIIIINS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Which makes it easy to write about all the things they hate!

      Delete
  2. This sounds so ridiculously fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a fun one to read!

      Delete