Let me just give a brief overview of what's going on my world and what I'm thinking about today, otherwise I'll ramble!
- Of course I'm thinking about Japan today. My heart goes out to the people there. It all feels very surreal.
- Thanks to everyone who texted me early Friday morning to check on my mom, who has lived in Hawaii. Sadly, she moved home about two weeks ago. Yes, I've been pretty quiet about it because I was really, really sad. Maybe I'll explain sometime soon.
- If I could remember my password, I honestly think I'd delete Facebook. This past week there was a horrible debate about unions that left me flabbergasted by the insensitive things that supposed "Friends" I allowed into my life would post. I'm not saying how I feel about unions, one way or the other, but to make random statements like, "Teachers are lazy and are the reason this country's educational system is going down the toilet. They don't need more money; they need to work harder," really threw me for a loop. Once I restrained myself from verbally throttling him, I had to take a step back and evaluate how much vitriol I allow into my world. I think Facebook should be the first to go. Sorry, but it's true. I appreciate conversations and respectful debates, but I'm wondering if they exist anymore?
- I really like my job. Yes, after that last bullet point you'd think I wouldn't, but I still do. Outside of all the debates going on about education, my students really seem to be getting it this year, so I'm excited!
- We're heading into the last 8 weeks before the AP Exam. It has started to invade my dreams/nightmares. Enough said.
- I'm still reading fourteen books right now. What's wrong with me? I need to learn how to enjoy one at a time, but I doubt that will ever happen.
- Spring feels like it's here, but I know it's not quite yet. Nearly 60 degree weather doesn't help me restrain my glee much though, so for today, I'm loving this gorgeous weather and have every window and blind open to the beautiful sunshine today!
- Here is a nice bracket (...although I'd check back to see if they plug in the teams and time for the printable version. I wasn't thrilled with the CBS version, so I think they are just updating these for now.) I might go a little Jayhawk crazy over the next several weeks, so my apologies ahead of time.