Tomorrow I fly out for Hawaii, which I'm super excited about! When you live somewhere that is cold and dreary (and I actually do like winter--most of the time), it's really nice to escape to a place that is still like summer. I love throwing on shorts and t-shirts, flip-flops and a ponytail. In essence, it's just nice to get a little sun.
Having said that, I have to say that I'm REALLY not prepared to leave. I have so much grading to do for school that it hurts to think about it! Besides grading, I have blog posts that I should have planned ahead on and just didn't. I just didn't have enough hours in the day to live a normal life and get it all finished. Now I'm flying out tomorrow and realize that I haven't done this, that, and a million other things that I "should have" done!
Here are a few things from my "should have done" list. Tell me if you recognize any of these:
- Returned the library books that will be overdue while I'm gone, that I can no longer renew, because I took too long to read them! (Nope, I can't take them back tonight.)
- Put my work gifts with a nice card, rather than relying on the raffia ribbons I had my TA tie around them and then deliver for me! (Well, I wrote a couple of cards, but ran out of time.)
- Actually sent Christmas cards to family and close friends.
- Cleaned my house so that I'm not leaving a dirty pig sty to return home to clean.
- Made goodies to share with friends and neighbors. (Although, that one can be dangerous to one's thighs.)
- Maybe picked up one more gift for so and so because I didn't get enough already? (Yes, this one haunts me every year, no matter how hard I try not to let it!)
- Taken the time to breathe in the spirit of the season until now.
- Read one more Christmas story before now.
What are you already feeling like you "should have done" this year? Even better, what "will you do" before the year is up? (I like that better!)