Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday Salon: Stress & Reading

I find it interesting on this busy Sunday, that I've actually read more this past week than normal, and yet I felt more stressed than usual. One week ago, I started two new online courses, which gave me at least two to three hours of extra work a night on top of my full-time work. The funny thing was that I would finish grading, and immediately GET OFF the computer and go read. I think that reading was my one huge stress relief in the midst of the craziness surrounding me. How thankful I am for great writers who have given me wonderful escapes in times of need.

Okay! Enough complaining. I love my job, and wouldn't want anyone to think that I didn't. I just can't help whining from time to time. :)

This Sunday I will be ending my day with a stack of books and me, all curled up in bed. Below I'll list what I'm reading.


Happy Sunday, and a fresh week ahead for all! What fun reading did you do this weekend?

4 comments:

  1. No reading as I owe my blog so many reviews. However, I did sit down and think about those reviews. It started simply as an entry in my journal and soon took over.

    Basically, I've questioned myself on writing a bad review. I'm so terrible at it.

    Anyways, I applaud you for getting in so much reading, and especially since you have a lot going on. Just wanted you to know. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't fun, but I read about 50 or so pages of Sophie's Choice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am full of admiration for you, Becky. East of Eden? Dayam!

    I also read a lot when I'm stressed, or at least I did when I was in school. Finals week always seemed to be the biggest reading week for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read anything by Anita Desai but I loved Inheritance of Loss by her daughter, Kiran. I am interested to see what you think of Baumgartner's Bombay.

    ReplyDelete