Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Review: Valentine Princess by Meg Cabot & 24 Hour Read-A-Thon Cheering

After my disturbed reading from yesterday, I desperately needed something LIGHT and fun. Since I'm trying to get through the Princess Diaries Series, I picked up Valentine Princess by Meg Cabot, and let the fun ensue! Ironic enough, this book is about Valentine's Day, February 14th, and I'm posting on April 14th. Two months late, but a cute coinky-dink! ;)

Synopsis: Mia is now in love (well, teenage love...which we all loved, right?!?), but knows that Valentine's Day is right around the corner. The trouble is, her man (won't say his name so that I don't give him away) feels that Valentine's Day is a holiday created by the commercial industries of the globe to get us all to buy candy, flowers, cards, etc. This puts Mia all in a tither. Will he or won't he? If he forgets or opts out of Valentine's, does that mean he doesn't really "love" Mia?

Review: I found this short installment cute, funny, and LIGHT. In other words, exactly what I needed at the moment. This one isn't very long, and although the teenage angst can make me feel a little short of breath at times, I think Mia is cute and fun to read about.

One last thing before I post. There has been a lot of talk about the 24 Hour Read-A-Thon that Dewey started, and that is generously being continued. I can't participate this coming Saturday, April 18th (from 5 am Pacific Time on), but signed up to be a cheerleader. I know I'll be sad to read all the fun posts and tweets coming from the event, but I'm excited to cheer them on and to read their posts. In fact, I'm hoping I can take some time later in the evening to maybe read a book and post later that night. We'll see, but it sure sounds fun!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you being a cheerleader!! I think they're most important part of the read-a-thon. :D

    I'm pretty new to your blog, but I see you want to live in Greece and you're a teacher. Does that mean you're looking into the whole international school thing? (I've just recently decided that's my new career goal, so that's why I'm curious!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Eva said - cheerleaders are hugely important, and I really don't think you'll feel left out of the fun. The more cheerleaders the merrier, so thank you so much for joining!

    ReplyDelete