Friday, September 5, 2008

Anything Austen-esque!

So, I found out that there is a new ITV program in Great Britain called "Lost in Austen." I went to ITV, and you can watch the episodes online!!! Guess what I'll be doing during my prep??? :) Here's a link if you want to check it out. I have no idea if it's any good, but I'm willing to give it a try. Wait! They won't let you watch it outside the UK?!? Greedy Bas....tians of light and glory. (Whew...saved that one!) I guess you can catch it on YouTube, but my school is afraid of what teens will do if they have access to such a demon site, so I'll have to wait until I get home!

Oh, and one other quick sidenote. I tore through the leaked manuscript of Stephenie Meyer's fifth novel in the Twilight series, and I have to admit that I was really hooked! At a time in my life when I have VERY LITTLE faith in men actually being capable of returning or showing love, this somehow made me hope there are men who feel like this about the person they love. Yes, I'm a huge sap, which is also why I'll always be disappointed by love (sounds like an Austen line somehow?), because I have UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS. Okay, so I'll go back to my John Thornton/Mr. Darcy fantasies and keep my mouth shut! :) I'm probably better off being by myself anyway so that I can travel and someday end of living here:


Ahh... Now there's something that hard work and a dream can ACTUALLY achieve! Besides, that chair looks like it might be more comfy for one, with a hot guy serving me cold drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment