Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday Blatherings: First Big Library Pick Up of 2011

After putting everything on hold over the Christmas Break, I finally returned and got all of my "holds" on Friday night.  I couldn't believe it, when I saw that my holds took up the entire top shelf.  It was all mine! Let the picture do the talking.


This is just about our limit on holds, so for me, this was a first.  Now, if I could just find the TIME to read. 

Having mentioned the time factor, I have to admit that touching back down to earth after a two week break was pretty tough.  Besides teaching full time, I had a huge contract I had to fulfill for my online job, which pushed me into 12-13 hour days all week.  By Saturday, I pulled myself into work one last time to give a practice AP test for my students, then crawled home and slept the remainder of the day.  Talk about a nightmare after so much down time over the holidays!  Thankfully, the contract was met, grades for end of term are just about finished, and after 60+ hours put in last week for work, this next week will be much easier.

The Christmas decorations will have to wait to come down until next week!  I have too many good books (oh yeah, and work) to get through first.

3 comments:

  1. Yowza! My condolences. I've had weeks like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. phew what a week. Hopefully it slows down for you so you can enjoy that library haul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! That's a lot of work. I hope you're able to take advantage of your days off once you get them. :)

    I didn't know Christopher Plummer wrote books.

    ReplyDelete