Wednesday, July 21, 2010

AP Conference Break

This week I'm attending an Advanced Placement Conference, which has left me with very little time.  I actually wasn't 100% sure if I was enrolled to attend, as I hadn't heard anything from them, but SURPRISE!  I was enrolled.  The conference is about an hour and a half drive, so I'm listening to an audiobook as I drive, and then enjoying a really great conference.  I really don't like meetings, but this is a great conference so far.  Once again, I'm reminded why I absolutely love teaching English.  Language Arts really do rock. 

Anyway, this conference threw me off a bit.  I have to say though that I really enjoy the people who are attending this conference.  Everyone in my group is from one of the islands, so it has been fun to "talk story" and get to know one another better.  Also, can I say how much I love their idea on how to dress for a conference?  Most everyone is in t-shirts, shorts, and slippers (island name for sandals, or as we call them, "flip-flops").  Talk about a dream come true!  If only I could attend every meeting in a t-shirt, shorts, and a pair of slippers!

Mahalo, and I'll be back!

4 comments:

  1. Attending an AP conference in Hawaii --- I cannot think of any better picture of paradise than that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how I dress to go to work. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing better than being able to talk about literature and teaching literature with other passionate, like-minded souls is actually doing the teaching! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly -- It was great fun, and probably more so because of the fun people I took the class with. It was really interesting to learn more about the other islands through the people who live there.

    Heidenkind -- LOL. I'd love to go to work in flip flops, shorts, and t-shirts!

    Read the Book--:) Thanks. It was so much fun visiting with other people teaching the same subject.

    ReplyDelete